Our Ultralift round slings are made from Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fibre™. Ultralift round slings have become an essential lifting tool over the last decade for special and heavy lifting operations. The material has proven itself during this period as a substitute for steel wire ropes and chains in demanding areas.
Dyneema® is an Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) and is manufactured by Royal DSM. The Unitex Group has been the first licensee partner of DSM to manufacture lifting slings out of Dyneema and the applications are almost unlimited.
- Round slings up to 180T safety factor 7:1
- 10% of the weight of traditional wire rope slings
- Floats on water and is extremely durable and resistant to moisture, micro-organisms, UV light and chemical attack (including acid)
- Also available as wear sleeves and corner protection products
- Low weight – low density
- Works in temperatures ranging from -60°c and +70°c
- Exercises precise lifting and therefore good control of the load
Designed for repetitive lifts, our Ultralift® round slings are exceptionally suitable for lifting jobs where abrasion resistance and flexibility is required. These slings are produced in 100% Dyneema®.
The construction of a round sling is divided into the load bearing core and the protection sleeve. Ultralift® round slings are always made from high performance fibres – Dyneema® which makes the sling very light in weight compared to steel based slings.
ULEX Premium Round Slings
The premium round sling consists of a hybrid sleeve consisting of an interlayer of polyester and an outer layer of polyamide. Due to its load bearing core, the ULEX is the absolute supreme quality round sling.
- EX round slings comply to the machinery directives 2006/42/EG
- EX round slings comply to European conformity (CE) according to the requirements of the European machinery directives
- Applicable to lifting procedures up to 180T
- Good UV resistance
Coil Round Slings
This patented Ultralift® sling has been specifically developed for lifting coils and loads which are heavy and sharp. Consisting of two parts – a light duty Dyneema® sling fitted with an UltraProtect heavy duty wear sleeve (covering both legs) which is extremely cut and abrasion resistant. Therefore, it is not necessary to use extra protection. For over a decade large steel companies are using this sling as an alternative for braided steel-wire rope mats.
UltraProtect Wear Sleeves and Corner Protection
The UltraProtect range consists of wear sleeves and corner protection made from Dyneema® HMPE. It has been specifically developed for round and flat slings in order to protect lifting equipment against extreme abrasion or sharp edges. UltraProtect can be cut through slide of wire ropes, therefore we recommend choosing material that is a size larger. Furthermore, due to the firm hook and loop fastening, they are very practical in use and quick to fit and adjust. Available in various sizes, for most types of round slings (1 leg or 2 legs) flat slings or other lifting equipment.
Get in touch
01538 384 108
Miller Weblift Limited
Sign up to our newsletter
8am to 5pm Monday to Friday