Our Ultralift round slings are made from Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fibre™. Ultralift lifting slings have become an essential lifting tool over the last decade for special and heavy lifting operations. The material has proven itself during this period as a substitute for steel wire ropes and chains in demanding areas.
Dyneema® is an Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) and is manufactured by Royal DSM. The Unitex Group has been the first licensee partner of DSM to manufacture lifting slings out of Dyneema® and the applications are almost unlimited.
- Round slings up to 180T safety factor 7:1
- 10% of the weight of traditional wire rope slings
- Floats on water and is extremely durable and resistant to moisture, micro-organisms, UV light and chemical attack (including acid)
- Low weight – low density
- Works in temperatures ranging from -60°c and +70°c
- Exercises precise lifting and therefore good control of the load
- Also available as wear sleeves and corner protection products
Designed for repetitive lifts, our Ultralift® round slings are exceptionally suitable for lifting jobs where abrasion resistance and flexibility is required. These slings are produced in 100% Dyneema®.
The construction of a round sling is divided into the load bearing core and the protection sleeve. Ultralift® round slings are always made from high performance fibres – Dyneema® which makes the sling very light in weight compared to steel based slings.